April 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
I’ve been a bad bad blogger this week :( And I sincerely apologize. I didn’t even post my Five Things Friday! But trust me, it will be up tomorrow. It’s the end of the college semester, and like every other procrastinating student… I’m stressed. This is me at the moment:
I just now finished a final paper that’s due at midnight…. It’s 11:28 right now. But that’s me for ya. Lucky for you guys, I did accomplish something FashionForward411-related today: a photoshoot with my lovely cousin and brother! The pictures are gorgeous, and WILL be posted soon! So enjoy the rest of your weekend, readers. This fashionista is hitting the sack.
April 28, 2011 § 2 Comments
The perfect outfit for spring!
I am beyond sick and tired of the awful stormy weather in Memphis right now. These trendy pieces at Topshop and Target are just what I need to brighten the coming spring days, which I know *fingers crossed* will be sunny and warm come May. This outfit epitomizes everything I want in my spring wardrobe. Turquoise jewelry, chunky bangles, brown leather wedges, poppy red, the works!
April 26, 2011 § 3 Comments
So I went to the most fabulous wedding over the weekend. That combined with the fact that the royal wedding of the century is only 3 days away has given me serious wedding fever. I’m 20 years old, I do not want to be married. But I could most definitely plan a wedding right now! I know my dress (a Monique Lhuillier of course), my colors (black and Tiffany blue), the location, (the Brooks Museum), everything! Here’s just a few of the details.
Monique Lhuillier dress
Dream engagement ring from Tiffany
Adorable desert table
April 22, 2011 § 7 Comments
Guess what I’m doing today? Redecorating my bedroom! I couldn’t be more thrilled. I still have the same lime green walls from when I was 15. I’m 5 years overdue for a new coat of paint, and in a better color at that. So for today’s Five Things Friday, I’ll be sharing with everyone five items I’d love to incorporate into my new bedroom!
2. Headboard wall decal. This cool decal is from Urban Outfitters. I’ve been wanting a vintage headboard forever, but I came across this and thought it was a cheaper, and more creative alternative.
3. Decorative mannequin. I’ve always wanted one of these in my room. It makes me feel like a young Coco Chanel :) PB Teen offers some pretty cute ones, but the price is a little steep. So I am still on the lookout for cheaper versions.
4. Moss book ends. I am in DESPERATE need of some book ends. I have a ridiculous amount of books….. and no book ends. I love the antique look of these from moxii.com, and they would be the perfect accessory to keep my British lit classics in perfect order.
5. Framed Audrey Hepburn print. Oh the beauty of that woman. She will forever be my favorite female icon. Gordmans is one of my favorite stores, and they have a ton of great pop culture framed photographs and prints. This is my favorite.
April 21, 2011 § 1 Comment
Ok, so I’m not asking you to go out looking like this:
However, he’s definitely got the color scheme on target for this spring. It’s all about pastels: light pinks, purples, and yellows. Throw in a bunch of ruffles, and you’ve got an adorably girly ensemble for this season.
and special guest co-blogger Nicole from running4yourlife.wordpress.com
April 20, 2011 § 2 Comments
So I came across this new website called fashiolista.com after I received follower requests from the creator and editor via Twitter. I thought I’d check it out, and I’m glad I did. It’s a fantastic site to find trending fashion picks and to share what you love (or don’t love) with friends and fellow fashionistas. Here are some of my favorite items I came across, though it was a serious problem trying to pick just a few to share. I loved too many of their shoes and dresses.
April 20, 2011 § 1 Comment
1. I am deathly afraid of tornados.
The Wizard of Oz + Twister = one traumatized kid. At the first news announcement of a tornado watch I’m in the closet with pillows and my puppy.
2. The Beatles are my favorite band of all time.
The song stylings of John Lennon + Paul McCartney = perfection.
3. Rooney comes in close second.
4. I can do makeup like nobody’s business, but can’t fix my hair to save my life.
5. I am the messiest eater this side of the Mississippi. If I try to transfer food from the plate to my mouth, some WILL end up on my shirt.
6. My favorite fashion blog to read is Emily’s at Cupcakes and Cashmere.
7. Robert Downey Jr. is the greatest actor of all time, and my love for him is everlasting.
8. I do NOT wear fake eyelashes. These babies are real. I get them from my mommy :)
9. Cosmo, Vogue, Allure, Glamour, and Elle are the magazines I buy on a monthly basis.
10. I am very self-conscious about my ears, which I feel are lopsided, but surprisingly okay with my nose, which my brother tells me could give Barbra Streisand a run for her money.
11. Oh, and I love Babs. As well as Lea Michele.
12. My favorite shoe designers are Christian Louboutin, Brian Atwood, Elizabeth and James, Valentino, YSL, Miu Miu, and Vivienne Westwood.
13. However, I usually buy shoes from Target, Payless, and Forever21 because I’m a broke college student with a part-time job.
14. My favorite clothing designers are Oscar de la Renta, Marchesa, Alice + Olivia, Burberry, Chanel, and many many more :)
15. The makeup brands I use are Mac, Smashbox, Makeup For Ever, Too Faced, Nars and Covergirl.
16. I want to live bi-coastally in New York and L.A.
17. I’m a huge theatre geek.
18. Shoes are my favorite part of an outfit. Outfits should be created around shoes; shoes should not be thrown on as an after thought.
19. I’m an eyebrow freak. When I meet people, the first thing I look at is their eyebrows. I stress over mine all the time, always making sure they’re tweezed and perfectly combed in place. They frame the face ya know.
20. I love my fashion blog! And hope you do too :)