September 24, 2011 § Leave a Comment
It’s funny how one picture can inspire so much. I came across this image of Brigitte Bardot on weheartit.com and it makes me want to base my whole fall wardrobe around it. Hippie chic. Messy hair. Kohl-rimmed eyes. Paisley scarfs. J’adore Brigitte :)
July 3, 2011 § Leave a Comment
I plan on spending this afternoon putting together my inspiration board. Being a huge photography fan, I am constantly moved or inspired by pictures or images I come across, and translate them into everyday wear. Here’s my digital version for you guys.
Neutrals and nudes
Pastels and stripes
Lace and bows
Oxfords and socks
Floral and coral
Buttoned and tucked
June 19, 2011 § 3 Comments
My current fashion inspiration is the one and only Stevie Nicks. I’m all about the free-flowing/bohemian/gypsy look these days: something that Stevie epitomizes.
Isn’t she just the coolest? I would kill for my appearance to come off as that effortlessly carefree. Perhaps these items could get me one step closer towards Stevie-hood.
(all products courtesy of Topshop)
And of course, it wouldn’t hurt to throw a few of these feather hair extensions in for good measure. I’ve been dying to test them out!
May 13, 2011 § Leave a Comment
1. White Shatter. I have yet to try the new “Shatter” line of nail polishes by O.P.I., but I’ve been dying to. I’ll definitely be getting my hands on this white one over the weekend and show you the results by Monday!
2. Nip/Tuck. As mentioned in an earlier post, I’ve been changing and redecorating my room. And right now, I am without cable. So I’ve resorted to re-watching the entire fifth season of this show. I’d forgotten just how strong my McNamara/Troy (mainly Troy) love was!
3. Bathing suit. It is sweltering in Memphis at the moment. Which means it’s just about time to open up our pool. One problem: I have yet to buy a new bathing suit this season! I’m loving the nautical look for this summer.
4. Bangs. I used to have them….. and I miss them :( I’m seriously considering getting them back. You see, I used to look like this:
Very Rachel Berry, right? I loved them. So the question of the day is, “To bang or not to bang?” Errr, let’s rephrase that. Should I get my bangs cut? :)
5. White Leather Topshop Platforms. I must have these shoes to make my life complete. Nuff said.
May 8, 2011 § Leave a Comment
So as I have previously stated, I’m a HUGE Sex and the City fan: both the show and the movies. And if you caught the first film, I doubt you missed that over-the-top, positively fabulous, walk-in (or possibly even live-in) closet that Big gave Carrie. Now I may be an Aidan fan from way back, but if Mr. Big had given me a closet like that, I definitely would have let him put a ring on it.
Recently, a woman paid $175,000 to have the Sex and the City set designer recreate Carrie’s closet for her. I, however, don’t have nearly that kind of money to shell out. My room doesn’t even have a closet, it has a stand-up clothes rack. But a girl can dream. Here are a few inspirations I came across via houzz.com.
May 7, 2011 § Leave a Comment
1. Nerd Glasses. J’adore this look! I bought some in the past but ended up accidentally sitting on them and breaking them. I guess I could have put tape on them and made them legit-ly nerdy, but even I think that’s a step too far…
2. Macarons. (Pronounced like macaroni, minus the “i,” or as I kept calling them, “Macaron Weasley’s.) I attempted to make these little French beauties over the weekend with the bff. Now I’m no Julia Child, but I thought I could pull off something that tasted a little better than a tire. But… no such luck. Try again soon? Yes please.
4. Trench coat. So unless you’re completely oblivious or just never turn in to the news, you’ve probably noticed that the South is experiencing record amounts of rainfall. I love the girly full skirt on this trench coat from Topshop. Not only is it adorable, but also the perfect accessory I need to combat this daily downpour.
5. Maxi skirt. How light and perfect for spring is this Topshop sheer maxi skirt. I’ve been wanting a maxi skirt for the coming season and can’t wait to get my hands on this one!
Five Things update: In a previous Five Things, I mentioned I desperately needed some brown oxfords. Guess what? I got some! AND they’re pumps :) Score!
May 4, 2011 § 1 Comment
How about Saturday Afternoon Photo shoot!
I had an amazing time shooting these Saturday. My lovely models Kaitlyn and Josh did a fantastic job. I can’t thank them enough. I dressed the two and did Josh’s hair (he’s pretty into the Edward Cullen look these days) and Kaitlyn’s makeup. Here’s a great tutorial that I watched to learn how to do the eye makeup technique that I used on her. The only difference is I used a purple shadow instead of brown.
The setting for our fashion forward photo shoot was Bo-Jo’s Antique Mall on Summer. It had a fabulous red brick wall and red aluminum siding that we used as a backdrop. That was going to be our sole shooting ground, until we saw this cute little church right across the street. We couldn’t pass up getting some shots in there. Afterwards, me and Kaitlyn did a little shopping inside of Bo-Jo’s…. and nearly got lost. That place is INSANE. I’m not entirely sure how many stories it is because the setup is so confusing and it has staircases in the oddest places. But I did find this great little burnt orange and gold ceramic leaf bowl that I plan to use for holding my jewelry. Bo-Jo’s is going out of business, which is a shame because they have a TON of stuff to offer, but that makes it the perfect time to shop there: discount time! My bowl was $3.50! After Bo-Jo’s, me and Kaitlyn couldn’t pass up popping into Jun Lee across the street. As seen in one of my previous posts, it’s definitely one of my favorite spots for costume jewelry. Thrift Citi, a store you can see in the background of one of the pics, is another place I’ve shopped at. You have to dig, but you can find some terrific vintage pieces there. Here’s where you can find all of the locations we visited!
As for the outfits that I dressed the models in, I wanted them to be consistent, but obviously different. I went for a laid back feel; I thought denim and florals would be perfect. Josh is in an American Eagle denim button up and jeans, with a grey tank and dark brown leather wallabees. Kaitlyn is in a simple white silk racerback tank, Forever21 denim racerback vest, thrifted floral skirt, and American Eagle for Payless shoes. Since most of these items you can’t get anymore, here’s a similar look recreated courtesy of Polyvore.com.
Denim vest, 18 GBP
Vintage skirt, $79
See by Chloe brown sandal, 214 GBP
London Road stud earring, 85 GBP
LOMOGRAPHY Diana F+ Black Jack, 90 EUR